- 17-Apr-2017 to 16-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Williston, ND, USA
- Full Time
The Wireline Operator is required to operate under close to limited supervision. This Wireline Operator is responsible for safely operating various pieces of equipment and/or machinery to increase material flows in cased-hole oil & gas exploration operations. This is a highly safety sensitive position.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for driving the wireline unit, a commercial motor vehicle, to and from various locations.
- Responsible for rigging up and down wireline equipment.
- Prepare the tool string make up.
- Maintain and clean wireline equipment to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Rebuild wireline as necesssary.
- Handle and work with explosives.
- Maintain clean work area and unit.
- Work assignements carried out to the highest quality level quickly and effectively.
- Immediately reports any and all malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that all safety practices are implemented before, during and after the well service operation.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems and vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable climbing and working in heights.
- Must possess basic computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to pass an ATF comprehensive background check.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid Class A or Class B CDL required.
- Crane certification preferred.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for two or more full-time employees.