- 13-Apr-2017 to 12-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Belfield, ND, USA
- Full Time
A Human Resources (HR) Specialist's primary role is to assist in a variety of assigned duties and responsibilities within the HR department.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion.
- Prepare paperwork required to place employees on payroll and establish personnel files.
- Assist in hiring process by coordinating job requisitions, reviewing resumes, and setting up interviews.
- Provide training for new and current employees regarding HR systems and benefits.
- Inform job applicants and employees of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
- Understand and implement HR policy as part of daily responsibilities.
- HR Specialists, depending on their responsibilities, will be responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) specific to the area to which they are assigned; these will be provided them by their supervisor.
- Other HR projects as assigned.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and written.
- Must have basic problem solving and organization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some college preferred.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required.
Licenses and Certifications
Valid driver's license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.