- 13-Apr-2017 to 12-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Belfield, ND, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Fleet Deployment, under the direction of the Senior Vice President, FM&L, will analyze and manage the coordination of the FM&L operation. This position is heavily focused on logistics and will use industry-leading technology to ensure that MBI's fleet, service staff, routes, customer demands, equipment and third party owner operators are utilized to maximum efficiency.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute operations strategies that deliver transportation cost savings while maximizing revenue.
- Detailed organization, communication and coordination of a complex fluid management organization.
- Cross-functional interaction and coordination with dispatch, sales & marketing, and customers to ensure customer needs are met efficiently.
- Use innovation and implement new processes and procedures that are focused on improving operational efficiencies.
- Lead cross functional teams with a focus on process improvement and cost reduction.
- Manage the effective use of trucking management software, on-board computers, and logistics tools.
- Ensure the most cost effective and correct method of transportation has been used while at the same time meeting all customer compliance and fulfillment measures.
- Meet frequently with Dispatch Management to ensure that the operational plan is being executed.
- Respond to rapidly changing requirements and customer demands.
- Maximize use of MBI fleet while integrating third-party owner operators to increase market share.
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner with multiple terminal locations and various lines of business.
- Experience in multiple fleet operations disciplines.
- Ability to use technology to plan, operate, monitor, and evaluate transportation operations.
- Identify and drive process improvements that will lower costs and/or improve quality.
- Aptitude necessary to develop, direct and manage logistics policies, procedures and operating standards by providing guidance in balancing cost/service relationships.
- 7+ years logistics and/or transportation background demonstrated leadership skills in these areas.
- Working knowledge with relational databases and querying language (SQL).
- Documented background in pulling large data sets directly from SQL and using information to pinpoint trends.
- Experienced in MS Office programs, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio. Expert Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills needed to identify and resolve issues.
- Experience and proven record of working on multiple tasks/projects under tight time constraints; ability to communicate effectively among various levels of management; and ability to organize and establish priorities.
- Knowledge of transportation regulations, practices and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree in Logistics desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Business Logistics, Transportation Management or Operations Management preferred.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
Licenses and Certifications
- CLTD (APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation & Distribution) or CLP (The Logistics & Supply Chain Management Society) are desirable.
- Valid Driver's License is required.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for at least 3 direct reports.