- 08-Apr-2017 to 07-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Belfield, ND, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Training provides support and guidance to all levels of the organization to help ensure company objectives are achieved. The Director of Training will direct and manage all regulatory and customer compliance. The Director of Training will manage all professional development, continuing education, and leadership training programs.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports directly to VP of HSE and must possess strong communication skills.
- Establishes and maintains strong communication with operations management, customers, vendors and applicable agencies.
- Develops, implements and oversees training programs, initiatives and awareness campaigns to improve the safety performance of the corporation.
- Directs the day to day activates of direct reporting staff.
- Oversees internal Company audits regarding compliance to regulatory, customer and internal training requirements.
- Knowledge of general safety, training and environmental concepts, standards and practices.
- Basic understanding of all applicable government laws, regulations and reporting procedures such as OSHA, DOT, RCRA, EPA, ATF, DOE, NRC and NDIC.
- Working knowledge of the oil well servicing industry related safety equipment, materials, technology and processes.
- Promotes safe work habits.
- Monitors employee ability to adhere to Company policies and work requirements.
- Oversees the development and implementation of training all training programs to ensure a proper and adequately trained workforce.
- Aids in the conducting of drills to ensure understanding and comprehension of training.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds multiple times during day.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Adhere to Company policies and work requirements.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must be able to work with current and potential customers.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
5 years progressive experience in safety/training management positions.
Professional safety certifications preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to obtain a passport.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.