- 08-Apr-2017 to 07-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Belfield, ND, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Supply Chain Manager takes an proactive approach in special projects, current systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes. This role is key to leading MBI Energy Services forward in securing quality suppliers of materials covering price and delivery. The Senior Supply Chain Manager will support purchasing and operational teams to achieve targets set for the company.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing and controlling MBI Energy Services external suppliers with particular emphasis on special projects related to procurement.
- Identify new suppliers, agree to pricing, terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with associated departments within MBI and its sister companies.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend using the Web Procurement system.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements utilizing score cards and personal visits.
- Initiate and lead cost-saving initiatives.
- Manage and maintain MBI wireless accounts and inventory.
- Audit MBI credit card purchases and create reports for review.
- Drive a company vehicle to and from various locations.
- High competency level in use of Microsoft Office.
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend while developing a robust supply base.
- Management and coordination of purchasing activities with relation to Delivery and Cost.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
4 year Beachelor's degree and/or minimum of 5 years' previous purchasing experience.
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid driver's license.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.