- 05-Apr-2017 to 04-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Belfield, ND, USA
- Full Time
The primary job function of the Diesel Mechanic is to perform inspections, repairs and maintenance on diesel engines. Diesel mechanics work on diesel engines inside and out; front to rear, on trucks and trailers.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to put safety and communication as a high priority.
- Ability to work with others and take direction on projects assigned.
- Must be able to work safely, and act in a professional manner while working with others.
- Ability to work on all types of diesel engines.
- Ability to trouble shoot problems; including air leaks, coolant leaks, etc.
- Working knowledge of additional equipment types; including skid steers, fork lifts, etc.
- Knowledge pertaining to clutch adjustments and replacements.
- Knowledge pertaining to transmission rebuilds, shift towers and plumbing new shift knobs.
- Knowledge pertaining to differential replacements.
- Knowledge pertaining to seal replacement and repair.
- Knowledge pertaining to hydraulic systems including flow testing.
- Knowledge pertaining to air brake systems and repairs.
- Knowledge pertaining to PTO replacement, electrical systems, oil filters and changes, and other necessary maintenance on equipment.
- Must be able to verify hours of service and DOT inspection dates on trucks and trailers.
- Will be responsible for tracking the maintenance work on company vehicles and must ensure services provided are in compliance with safety procedures.
- Maintain and secure work tools, toolboxes and vehicles at all times.
- Knowledge and understanding of the vehicles electrical system, engine, and all of its working parts.
- Experience with mechanical and technical work, using diagnostic computer software on some advanced vehicles to identify issues.
- General knowledge of Volvo, International, Western Star, Kenworth, Peterbuilt, Cat, Cummins and Detroit engines.
- Exceptional attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid driver's license. Class A CDL is preferred.
- Diesel mechanic certification is required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.