- 21-Mar-2017 to 20-May-2017 (MST)
- Watford City, ND, USA
- Full Time
Signing bonus available for this position!
The Workover Rig Operator is in charge of operating the workover rig that is assigned. Additionally they are required to have knowledge of down whole tools, rod and tubing handling equipment, pump equipment, pipe wrangler equipment. They are also responsible for direct supervision of immediate rig crew.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensuring all crew members are at the rig and prepared to work at the scheduled time.
- Operating the rig and equipment as requested by the company contracting the rig.
- Working closely with customers to resolve concerns and complaints.
- Maintaining productivity standards for all rig functions.
- Ensuring quality products and services are provided to the customer.
- Complying with all safety procedures and ensuring a safe working environment.
- Establishing and maintaing a positive work environment for the crew.
- Responsible for driving company vehicles to and from job sites to oversee crews and inspect tools and equipment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and written.
- Must have basic problem solving and organization skills.
- Must have basic oilfield well servicing experience.
- Must have workover rig experience; Floorhand, Derrickhand and/or Operator.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications
Valid driver's license. Class A or Class B CDL preferred.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for two or more full-time employees.