- 21-Mar-2017 to 20-May-2017 (MST)
- Watford City, ND, USA
- Full Time
Signing bonus available for this position!
Workover Rig Floorhand assists the Derrickhand and Operator in a multitude of functions including: tripping pipe, handling tongs, making connections, cleaning, operate machines and maintaining equipment used on a workover rig.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs services on oil and gas wells as part of a 3-5 person workover rig crew.
- Assists in loading and off-loading pipe and other items form the truck to rig.
- Picks up and laying down tubing.
- Drives a crew truck when necessary.
- Lifts, removes, installs and operates well head pomp, jacks and performs other task as designated by the rig operator or company official.
- Positions, lifts, attaches, installs and works with matting boards, tubing, rods, casing and associated well equipment, such as rod strippers, polish rods, etc.
- Operates rod wrenches, tongs, elevators and other associated rig tools and equipment.
- Reports safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issue to the rig supervisor.
- Completes required work plans, job safety analysis, observations, and attends safety meetings as required.
- Plays a role in the company's Behavior Based Safety and proactive reporting program.
- Workover rig experience; Floorhand, Derrickhand, Operator.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written.
- Must have basic problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and lift objects of up to 75 pounds for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications
Valid driver's license. Class A or Class B CDL is preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.