- 21-Mar-2017 to 20-May-2017 (MST)
- Killdeer, ND, USA
- Full Time
A Winch Truck Driver is responsible for operating a winch truck and transporting frac tanks and other equipment to and from various locations safety and without incident.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to follow all DOT regulations to safely load, transport, and unload oil field equipment from location to location.
- Ability to work with others and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to double chain truck tires.
- Properly inspect equipment on a daily basis.
- Properly complete all daily paperwork.
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Maintain accurate logs.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Follow guidelines and policies set forth by MBI and customers.
- Knowledge and ability to tie down oversized and overweight loads.
- Maintain a winch truck and trailer (cable, bridles, & other equipment that pertain to a winch truck.)
- Must have a solid understanding of mechanics, heavy equipment, heavy recovery physics, and oversize truck and equipment transportation.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Actively participate in the company's behavior based safety (BBS) program.
- Must accept any assignment within the Company's Driver Pool, including interstate travel.
- Previous industry and relevant experience is preferred.
- Ability to multitask and take instruction.
- Keen sense of feel and coordination for operation of winch controls.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to perform the essential functions in a fast paced and high stress environment.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work with current and potential customers, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this job are outlined in the Functional Job Analysis for this position and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications
Class A CDL.
Tanker and doubles/triples endorsements preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.